Thai-style beef noodles
- April 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Have a filling, low-calorie dinner on the table in only 15 minutes with our healthy recipe for Thai beef noodles, made with crunchy veg, fresh herbs and toasted cashews.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 12.5g (2.5g saturated)
- 23.6g (6.6g sugars)
- 2 tsp Thai green curry paste (we like Thai Taste, widely available)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Juice 2 limes, plus extra wedges to serve
- Vegetable oil for stir-frying
- 2 lean British rump steaks (about 150g each), sliced
- 300g pack stir-fry vegetables (or shred a mix of veg from the fridge such as spring onions, carrots, baby corn and spinach)
- 2 x 300g packs straight-to-wok rice noodles (or use 4 dried egg noodle cakes soaked in boiling water for 4 minutes, drained)
- Handful mixed fresh herbs, such as coriander and mint, chopped
To serve (optional)
- Handful cashews, toasted in a dry pan for 5 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix together the curry paste, sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce and lime juice.
- Heat a splash of vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan, then stir-fry the beef for 2 minutes. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 2 minutes more.
- Add the noodles and bowl of sauce, then toss it all together over the heat until warmed. Add a splash of water if the noodles aren’t fully coated. Remove from the heat, then stir through the herbs. Serve in bowls with the cashews and extra soy sauce and lime wedges, if you like.
Next time: You can serve this cold as a salad, too – just stir in a few dashes of sweet chilli sauce and extra lime juice and soy sauce to taste.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...