Sticky chilli and black bean pork with egg-fried rice
- May 2011
- Sesame oil and vegetable oil for frying
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 250g pack Tilda Steamed Rice
- 2 x pork loin steaks, fat removed, cut into thin strips
- 240g pack Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Tenderstem Broccoli with Garlic and Chilli Stir Fry – pak choi, broccoli, fine beans, red onion, coriander, garlic and chilli (or similar)
- 120g black bean stir-fry sauce
- First make the egg-fried rice. Heat a dash each of sesame oil and vegetable oil in a large wok, then add the spring onions and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and stir until scrambled, then pour in the soy sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice for 2 minutes in the microwave, then add to the wok and stir to combine. Tip into a bowl, set aside and keep warm.
- Add a little more sesame oil and vegetable oil to the wok, season the pork strips, then fry them over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until just golden all over.
- Add the stir-fry mix and a splash of water, then fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the black bean sauce and warm through for 1 minute.
- To serve, divide the egg-fried rice between 2 plates and top with the stir-fry.
This would also be great with egg or rice noodles instead of egg-fried rice. Fresh coriander makes a good garnish.
Rate & review