18 of our best recipes to celebrate Chinese New Year
This year, Chinese New Year will be celebrated on Tuesday 5 February, marking the start of the year of the pig. Here are some of our favourite Chinese recipes to help you celebrate.
Chinese New Year is a festival celebrated by many types of Asian cultures including the Taiwanese, Koreans, Japanese and Vietnamese. It marks the beginning of the Lunar Year and is a time to honour household and heavenly deities as well as ancestors.
As with most traditional celebrations, there is feasting involved and when there’s feasting, we get very excited. To help you celebrate here are 18 Asian-inspired recipes for you to cook at home.
3. Chinese crispy duck
4. Stir-fried Chinese greens
5. Chinese noodles with mushrooms
6. Pork and prawn wonton soup
7. Tamarind duck on mini poppadums
8. Beef and bok choi noodles
9. Bao buns with braised shortrib and pickled daikon
10. Duck pancakes with pickled carrot salad
11. Teriyaki salmon noodles
12. Chinese orange beef stir-fry
13. Five-spice chicken skewers with speedy chow mein
14. Asian-spiced brisket with chilli, lime, peanut and coriander
15. Plum duck noodles with pak choi
16. Five spice duck and ginger noodles
17. Honeyed duck and vegetable stir-fry
18. Szechuan beef with vegetables
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine this month, save over 40% and get a free 1 year tastecard membershipSubscribe