Sticky salmon with radish and avocado
- April 2011
- 4 small skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh dill, plus extra to garnish
- 100g radishes, finely sliced
- 3 avocados, halved, pitted and sliced lengthways
- Put the salmon in a bowl with the rapeseed oil, the zest of the lemon and the honey. Mix gently to coat, then set aside.
- Carefully remove the skin and pith of the zested lemon with a sharp knife, then slice between the membranes to remove the segments, discarding any seeds. Chop into chunks and reserve 1 tbsp of juice in a separate bowl.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium-high heat, then add the marinated salmon. Cook for ›2-3 minutes on each side until sticky on the outside and just cooked in the centre. Cool the salmon to room temperature, then flake into generous chunky pieces.
- Meanwhile, season the reserved lemon juice with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar, then whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil and chopped dill. Toss the sliced radishes and avocados very gently in the dressing.
- Add the salmon to the radishes and avocados, then carefully combine with the lemon segments. Season to taste, garnish with a few extra dill sprigs, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fennel and smoked salmon salad with sourdough croutons
This quick and easy fennel and smoked salmon salad with sourdough croutons is substantial enough...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...