Fennel and smoked salmon salad with sourdough croutons
- September 2012
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 10 minutes to cook
This quick and easy fennel and smoked salmon salad with sourdough croutons is substantial enough to eat for dinner.
- 34.9g (6.6g saturated)
- 29.6g (6.4g sugars)
- 200g sourdough bread
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 2 fennel bulbs, finely sliced
- 50g rocket
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 200g smoked salmon, torn
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Tear the bread into chunks, put in a roasting tray and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil and sea salt. Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, wholegrain mustard, honey and remaining olive oil. Season.
- Mix the baked croutons with the fennel, rocket, red onion, avocados and the smoked salmon. Drizzle over the balsamic dressing and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Broad bean recipes
Broad beans, peas with mozzarella and parma ham crumble
A vibrant broad bean recipe showcasing the best of the summer’s green veg – with...
Warm pesto, chickpea and butter bean salad with halloumi
A quick 15-minute dinner has never looked so good. This filling salad is made with...