Fennel and smoked salmon salad with sourdough croutons
- September 2012
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 10 minutes to cook
This quick and easy fennel and smoked salmon salad with sourdough croutons is substantial enough to eat for dinner.
- 34.9g (6.6g saturated)
- 29.6g (6.4g sugars)
- 200g sourdough bread
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 2 fennel bulbs, finely sliced
- 50g rocket
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 200g smoked salmon, torn
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Tear the bread into chunks, put in a roasting tray and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of the olive oil and sea salt. Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, wholegrain mustard, honey and remaining olive oil. Season.
- Mix the baked croutons with the fennel, rocket, red onion, avocados and the smoked salmon. Drizzle over the balsamic dressing and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Oregano and sage roast chicken legs with tomato, herb and feta bread salad
Meet your new go-to chicken salad – full of fresh herbs, garlic sourdough croutons, feta...
Roasted sea bream, tomato salad and rosemary potatoes
The acidity of of this zingy tomato salad partners perfectly with succulent roasted sea bream...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...