Strawberry shrikhand, spiced yogurt
- November 2005
- Serves 6
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus draining
Celebrate strawberries with this strawberry shrikhand (or spiced yogurt) recipe, which hails from India.
- 500g Greek yogurt
- 200g strawberries
- Icing sugar to taste
- ¼ – ½ tsp ground cardamom
- Fresh strawberries, to decorate
- Chopped pistachios, to decorate
- Drain the yogurt in a fine sieve, over a bowl in the fridge, for about 1 hour.
- Whizz the strawberries in a food processor, adding sugar to taste, to make a coulis.
- Stir icing sugar to taste into the strained yogurt with the cardamom. Stir through the coulis and divide between dishes. Chill until required.
- To serve, decorate with chopped strawberries and pistachios.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
July seasonal recipes
Pistachio macaroon meringues with strawberry fool topping
Adding almonds and pistachios to classic meringues takes them to a whole new level –...
Strawberry and elderflower fool with lemon biscuits
You’d be a fool not to try these light, summery strawberry and elderflower desserts topped...