Strawberry shrikhand, spiced yogurt
- November 2005
- Serves 6
- Takes 10 minutes to make, plus draining
Celebrate strawberries with this Indian strawberry shrikhand, or spiced yogurt recipe.
- 500g Greek yogurt
- 200g strawberries
- Icing sugar to taste
- ¼ – ½ tsp ground cardamom
- Fresh strawberries, to decorate
- Chopped pistachios, to decorate
- Drain the yogurt in a fine sieve, over a bowl in the fridge, for about 1 hour.
- Whizz the strawberries in a food processor, adding sugar to taste, to make a coulis.
- Stir icing sugar to taste into the strained yogurt with the cardamom. Stir through the coulis and divide between dishes. Chill until required.
- To serve, decorate with chopped strawberries and pistachios.
Rate & review