Summer chicken tray bake
- July 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 5-10 min, oven time 40-45 min
A quick, nutritious midweek dinner recipe packed full of Mediterranean flavours. We used chicken thighs and dollops of pesto for extra flavour.
- 22.1g (4.4g saturated)
- 26.2g (7.3g sugars)
- 600g new potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 8 free-range chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 courgettes
- 200g cherry vine tomatoes
- 150g good quality pesto (we like Sacla)
- Heat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C fan/gas 7. Halve the new potatoes and peel the garlic cloves. Put the chicken thighs in a large roasting tin, then arrange the potatoes and garlic around them. Drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then roast for 40-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the courgettes. When the chicken has been in the oven for 20 minutes, add the courgettes to the roasting tin.
- For the final 10 minutes of the cooking time, add the tomatoes to the tin.
- When the chicken is golden and cooked through, dollop over the pesto and serve.
Next time, swap the chicken for salmon fillets. Add them to the veg for the final 10 minutes of the cook time.
Rate & review