Summer chicken stew
- July 2013
- 120g Morrisons tenderstem broccoli and fine beans, or similar
- 50g Italpasta Capelli d’Angelo Corti (from Morrisons), or similar
- 2 Morrisons dry-cured unsmoked British back bacon slices, or similar, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 free-range chicken legs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 750ml fresh chicken stock
- Blanch the broccoli and beans in boiling water for 3 minutes until tender. Refresh in cold water, then drain.
- Bring another pan of salted water to the boil, then cook the pasta for 5 minutes until al dente. Drain, stir through 1 tbsp olive oil and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4.
- Rub the chicken with the remaining olive oil, then sprinkle with salt. Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the chicken, skin-side down, for 5 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to a roasting tray and roast for 25 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in the chicken pan until crispy, then add the onion and garlic. Fry gently for 5-10 minutes until softened, then add the stock. Simmer for 5-7 minutes to thicken slightly, then take the pan off the heat.
- Spoon the veg and pasta into shallow bowls, put the cooked chicken on top, then pour the broth over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Creamy chicken recipes
Stuffed tarragon chicken with cannellini bean stew
This quick and easy chicken and cannellini bean stew is perfect for a midweek supper.