- July 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
Cherry tomatoes, green beans, chorizo, olives and goat’s cheese all go into this splendid summer spaghetti recipe. Serve with garlic bread for the ultimate family-pleasing supper.
We’ve got lots more summer pasta ideas, take a look at them.
- 33.1 (12.5g saturated)
- 83.7g (11.5g sugars)
- 800g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g spaghetti
- 200g fine green beans, topped
- 150g cooking chorizo, finely sliced
- Large handful of small black olives
- 150g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Grated zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh oregano leaves or small basil leaves to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Put the tomatoes on a baking sheet, then drizzle with the olive oil, season and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 10 minutes or until al dente, then drain and return to the pan with 2 tbsp of the cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, blanch the green beans in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold water. Heat a frying pan, then fry the chorizo until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the pan with the drained pasta.
- Mix the pasta and chorizo with the beans, half the tomatoes, the olives, most of the goat’s cheese and the lemon zest. Whisk the lemon juice with salt and pepper in a small bowl, then drizzle in the oil, whisking.
- Toss the pasta with the dressing. Top with the remaining tomatoes, goat’s cheese and herbs, then serve.
Rate & review