Sweet and sour prawns with lime
- June 2005
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 2-3 minutes on the barbecue, plus marinating and soaking
A simple and quick recipe, these prawns – marinated in soy, honey, chilli and lime – can be thrown on the barbecue or cooked under the grill.
If you’re after something a little simpler, these barbecue prawns come served with a delicious garlic butter.
- 6.1g (0.9g saturated)
- 3.8g (3.6g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 limes, 1 juiced and zested and 1 cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 16 large raw prawns, peeled and deveined
You’ll also need
- 4 long wooden skewers, or metal skewers if you have them
- If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, honey, lime zest and juice, coriander, chilli and season well. Pour it over the prawns and toss well. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Thread 4 prawns and 1 lime wedge onto each skewer. Barbecue directly over a medium heat source for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway and brushing with any remaining marinade, until pink and tender. Serve with a tomato salad.
You could cook these under a medium-hot grill for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter