Griddled prawns with garlic butter and salsa
- September 2014
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 25 min
This griddled prawns recipe can be made on the barbecue or in a griddle pan. They are accompanied with a colourful summery salsa.
- 4.2g (0.6g saturated)
- 2g (2g sugars)
- 12-16 large sustainably sourced raw prawns
For the salsa
- Bunch fresh coriander
- Small bunch fresh parsley
- 2 green chillies (see tip)
- 3 large red and yellow tomatoes or large handful cherry tomatoes
- Good pinch caster sugar
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Good glug extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for rubbing
For the garlic butter
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- For the salsa, snip the herbs into a bowl, then snip in the chillies and the tomatoes (be careful as you insert the point of the scissors into the tomato – they can spurt). Stir in the sugar and vinegar, season well and stir in enough olive oil to make a thick salsa.
- Melt the butter with the garlic in a pan, remove from the heat and leave to infuse.
- Rub the prawns all over with a little olive oil. On a barbecue, or on a griddle pan on the campfire or the hob over a high heat, add the prawns and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until pink all over. Serve with the salsa and garlic butter.
To de-seed a chilli without a knife, roll between your hands, snip off the top and tap against the side of a bowl to knock out the seeds. This will reduce the heat a little, but the hottest parts of a chilli are the strips of white pith – so snip these out too, if you want.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
King prawns with garlic and chilli (gambas al ajillo)
Try this easy recipe for garlic and juicy chilli king prawns as part of a...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...