Sweet and sour pork and prawns with jasmine rice
- November 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 mintues
This sweet and sour pork and prawns recipe with rice is ready in just 20 minutes, making it the perfect midweek meal.
- 12.3g (2.8g saturated)
- 96.4g (27.9g sugars)
- 300g jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 300g pork fillet, cut into cubes
- 200g raw prawns, peeled
- 200g tin pineapple chunks, drained
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves to serve
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Put all the sauce ingredients into a pan with 100ml water. Stir, bring to the boil, then simmer for a couple of minutes until thickened.
- Simmer the rice in salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender, then drain. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok or pan, fry the peppers and spring onions for 1 minute, then remove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok, fry the pork for 5 minutes, turning, until cooked, then add the prawns and cook for 1 minute until pink. Return the veg to the wok with the pineapple and sauce, then heat through. Serve with the rice, sprinkled with coriander.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Roasted sesame salmon with ginger and chilli pak choi
A low-carb sesame salmon recipe that is packed full of fresh flavours and healthy ingredients.
Quick Chinese recipes
Black bean pork noodles with coriander and peanuts
There’s something so satisfyingly indulgent about soft, thick udon noodles – they’re made for slurping...