Sweet and sour pork and prawns with jasmine rice
- November 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 mintues
This sweet and sour pork and prawns recipe with rice is ready in just 20 minutes, making it the perfect midweek meal.
- 12.3g (2.8g saturated)
- 96.4g (27.9g sugars)
- 300g jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
- 300g pork fillet, cut into cubes
- 200g raw prawns, peeled
- 200g tin pineapple chunks, drained
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves to serve
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Put all the sauce ingredients into a pan with 100ml water. Stir, bring to the boil, then simmer for a couple of minutes until thickened.
- Simmer the rice in salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender, then drain. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok or pan, fry the peppers and spring onions for 1 minute, then remove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok, fry the pork for 5 minutes, turning, until cooked, then add the prawns and cook for 1 minute until pink. Return the veg to the wok with the pineapple and sauce, then heat through. Serve with the rice, sprinkled with coriander.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Midweek meal recipes
Sticky chilli and black bean pork with egg-fried rice
Comfort food gets classy. Quick and easy with a hit of heat, make it your...