Sweet potato falafels with Med veg salad
- November 2011
- Serves 3-4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 45-50 minutes to cook
This sweet potato falafels recipe pair well with a warm Mediterranean salad. Together they make the ultimate Moroccan style shortcut supper.
- 15.3g fat (2.5g saturated)
- 67.8g (16.6g sugars)
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chickpea (gram) flour
- 1 tsp each ground cumin and coriander
- 2 tsp Marks & Spencer Smoked Paprika with Sweet Red Pepper and Thyme, or similar
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Marks & Spencer Terribly Clever Parmesan and Black Pepper Seasoning (or mix your own)
- 400g ready-to-roast Mediterranean vegetables
- Glug of olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 50g bag rocket
- Fresh mint and Greek yogurt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Prick the sweet potatoes all over, then microwave for 15-20 minutes until soft. Scoop out the flesh, then cool. In a food processor, pulse the potato flesh, chickpeas, chickpea flour, spices and lemon zest. Season. Form into 12 balls (falafels), then roll in the pepper seasoning.
- Put the veg in a roasting tin, toss with oil, then cook for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil in a pan, then fry the falafels gently for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Whisk the lemon juice with a good glug of olive oil, then season to taste. Remove the veg from the oven, set aside to cool a little, then toss with the rocket and the lemon dressing. Serve with the falafels, Greek yogurt and a scattering of mint leaves.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...