Tagliatelle with field mushrooms, lemon and tarragon
- October 2006
- 8-10 large black field, parasol or portabello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- 500g fresh egg tagliatelle
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 50g freshly grated vegetarian Parmesan
- Fresh tarragon leaves, to garnish
- Put a large saucepan of water on to boil, ready for the pasta. Clean the mushrooms (with kitchen towel or a pastry brush, not under the tap) and slice as finely as possible.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the garlic and fry gently. As soon as it starts to become transparent and tender – about 1 minute – add the mushrooms and salt. Stir gently once, then cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until al dente. Drain briefly and quickly return to the saucepan. Fold the lemon zest and juice into the pasta with the butter, mushrooms and their juices. Check the seasoning. Fold in the Parmesan, garnish with tarragon and serve immediately
Rate & review