Tenderstem broccoli, chilli and Pecorino pasta
- April 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 10 minutes to cook
Broccoli and pasta are a fantastically fresh combination, and this recipe is a perfect weeknight meal for family and friends.
- 18.4g (5.2g saturated)
- 68.5g (3.5g sugar)
- 4 tbsp fruity olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400g tenderstem broccoli, roughly sliced into 5cm pieces
- 350g orecchiette or other small dried pasta shapes
- 50g vegetarian Pecorino or Parmesan, grated, plus extra shavings, to serve
- Heat the olive oil very gently in a large frying pan. Add the sliced garlic and chilli flakes and cook slowly for 2 minutes, stirring, before throwing in the tenderstem broccoli stalks. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the broccoli heads and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the pack instructions or until al dente.
- Carefully drain the pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water. Stir the pasta into the broccoli with the extra water, Pecorino or Parmesan, plenty of freshly ground black pepper and a little sea salt.
- Divide the broccoli pasta between warmed serving bowls and serve with the extra cheese to sprinkle over the top.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Tenderstem and spring onion galettes with goat’s cheese
This open-face style tart recipe is called a galette. It’s packed with fresh spring veg...