Pasta with beans and sausages
- June 2022
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
This riff on pasta e fagioli (pasta with beans) is big on flavour and low on budget. Feed a family of four with this 15-minute hearty sausage pasta recipe.
Bangers + pasta = midweek deliciousness. Browse more easy sausage pasta recipes.
- 18.1g (7.9g saturated)
- 75.5g (3.2g sugars)
- 400g fusilli (or another shape)
- 3 free-range pork sausages, cases removed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed in a pestle and mortar
- 20g butter
- 1 tin flageolet beans, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 300ml dry white wine or stock
- 40g hard cheese, such as parmesan or strong cheddar, pared with a vegetable peeler
- Small bunch flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions until al dente.
- Meawhile, fry the sausagemeat and fennel seeds in a large frying pan for 5-10 minutes until crisp and cooked through. Add the butter to the pan, reduce the heat to medium and add the beans and garlic. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 5 minutes, then mash some of the beans with the back of a spoon. Stir in the wine/stock and cook for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a cupful of the water. Add the pasta to the sausages and beans with the pasta water. Toss, then serve topped with the pared cheese and parsley.
Easy swaps: Omit the sausages and use a veggie hard cheese for a meat free version. Use any type of bean.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Creamy sausage pasta with watercress and chestnut pesto
Our speedy sausage pasta recipe, with chestnuts and watercress, serves...
More food for thought...
Sausage pasta recipes
From spicy chorizo to meaty pork sausages and...
Budget pasta recipes
Pasta is a great thrifty way to bulk...
On a budget? Whether you’re after cheap family...
Midweek meal recipes
Worked late? Need something not too challenging? Our...
Quick Italian midweek meal recipes
Bring Italy to your table. These Italian midweek...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...