Thai-style tofu and peanut salad
- February 2008
- 250g pack tofu
- 4 tbsp Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 300g pack vegetable and beansprout stir-fry
- 25g roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Dark soy sauce, to drizzle
- Drain the tofu, pat dry with kitchen paper and cut into chunky bite-size pieces. Put into a bowl, add 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce and 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce. Toss together and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium-high heat. When hot, add the tofu and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning halfway, until golden and sticky. Set aside in a large bowl to cool slightly.
- Add the vegetable and beansprout stir-fry, the roasted peanuts, roughly chopped, and 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce and toss together well.
- Divide between 2 wide bowls and scatter with extra roasted peanuts, roughly chopped. Serve with extra dark soy sauce, to drizzle over.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter