- November 2022
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 10 min
A heavenly mash-up of two dessert classics: Eton mess and tiramisu. This tiramisu mess is speedy enough for a midweek treat but fancy enough for Christmas or Valentine’s Day.
Feeding a crowd? Check out our classic tiramisu recipe.
- 38.9g (24.9g saturated)
- 42.8g (38g sugars)
- 100g mascarpone
- 20g caster sugar
- 50g double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp marsala wine, rum or coffee liqueur, plus an extra splash (optional)
- 100ml strong coffee, ideally espresso
- 4 sponge fingers, broken into bite-size pieces
- 2 meringue nests
- 20g dark chocolate
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Put the mascarpone, sugar, cream and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl and beat together using a wooden spoon until smooth and glossy.
- Mix the marsala, rum or liqueur with the coffee in a shallow dish, then soak the sponge fingers in the mixture for a few seconds. Divide the fingers between two serving bowls.
- Crush one of the meringue nests in your hands and stir the pieces into the mascarpone mixture, then spoon on top of the sponge fingers. Break
the second nest into larger shards and stick them into the mascarpone. Finely grate or shave the dark chocolate over the top, adding chocolate sauce and/or an extra splash of liqueur if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter