Make-ahead Baileys tiramisu
- Serves 6-8
- 15 mins, plus at least 8 hrs or overnight chilling
The perfect indulgent dessert for sharing with friends – you can make this the day before so you can relax and enjoy entertaining. Or, save it for a special way to round off your Christmas dinner menu.
- 500g mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 50g caster sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 200ml (3.2 alcohol units) Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 60ml fresh-made espresso
- 1 x pack sponge lady fingers
- 300g fresh raspberries, halved
- 100g dark chocolate bar
- Line a 10cm x 22cm bread tin with baking paper on all sides. In a medium bowl add the mascarpone, vanilla paste and castor sugar, and beat together with an electric hand mixer until smooth. In another bowl, lightly whip 200ml of the double cream. Fold into the mascarpone mixture until just combined.
- In a shallow small bowl, mix 200ml of the Baileys with the espresso. Dunk the lady fingers into the coffee and place one third of them in the bottom of the lined tin. Place half the berries on top and half the mascarpone cream mixture over.
- Repeat again with another third of the dunked lady fingers, the remaining raspberries and cream. Place one last layer of lady fingers over the top, then put some baking paper over and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, remove the covering and top paper. Place a rectangular platter over the top and invert. Remove the tin and the base paper.
- Whisk the remaining double cream until soft and dollop over the tiramisu. Use the chocolate bar and a sharp knife to sprinkle chocolate shavings over the top.
Rate & review