Tomato and chorizo risotto with garlic Tenderstem
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 1 hour
Risottos aren’t just a winter treat – try this springtime recipe with tomatoes, chorizo and Tenderstem broccoli.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, 2 finely chopped and 1 sliced
- 400g risotto rice
- 200ml dry white wine
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1.5l chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli
- 150g chorizo, cubed
- 30g parmesan, grated, plus extra for serving
- Handful fresh basil, torn
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion over a low heat until softened, about 10 minutes. Add the finely chopped garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes before adding the risotto rice. Stir for 3-4 minutes until the rice starts to become translucent.
- Add the wine and allow it to bubble until absorbed. Drain the cherry tomatoes, reserving the tomato liquid. Add the liquid to the rice and stir through.
- Lower the heat and begin to add the stock, one ladleful at a time. Allow it to almost absorb before adding the next ladle, stirring continuously, this should take about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the Tenderstem until just cooked. Then fry the chorizo in a small pan over a high heat until crisp. When the risotto is ready, add the chorizo, parmesan, basil and reserved tinned cherry tomatoes and gently stir through, without breaking up the tomatoes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil and fry the garlic slices. Add the Tenderstem and sauté until reheated and fragrant. Divide the risotto between bowls and top with the Tenderstem. Serve with extra parmesan, if you like.
RECIPE FROM TENDERSTEM
Rate & review