Tuna, parsley and lemon spaghetti
- December 2004
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
An Italian inspired recipe which brings tuna and pasta to life with the help of red chilli, parsley and a hint of lemon.
- 52g (7g saturated)
- 94g (5.5g sugar)
- 250g spaghetti
- 9 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, very thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 185g can tuna steaks in brine, drained
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Large handful fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to packet instructions. Drain, then return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the shallots and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes, until everything is softened.
- Add the tuna, lemon juice and parsley and mix together. Add the remaining oil (this will act as a dressing for the pasta), and stir over the heat for 1 minute to heat through. Toss through the cooked spaghetti and season to taste. Divide between 2 warm bowls and serve with grated Parmesan, if you like.
Rate & review