Tuna, parsley and lemon spaghetti
- December 2004
- 250g spaghetti
- 9 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, very thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 185g can tuna steaks in brine, drained
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Large handful fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to packet instructions. Drain, then return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the shallots and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes, until everything is softened.
- Add the tuna, lemon juice and parsley and mix together. Add the remaining oil (this will act as a dressing for the pasta), and stir over the heat for 1 minute to heat through. Toss through the cooked spaghetti and season to taste. Divide between 2 warm bowls and serve with grated Parmesan, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...