Lemon, ricotta, fennel and chilli oil linguine
- July 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
Pasta doesn’t get much faster than this – ready to eat in 30 minutes this vegetarian linguine recipe is perfect for a midweek dinner.
- 12.7g (4.5g saturated)
- 74.3g (4g sugars)
- 400g linguine
- Olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Zest and juice 1-2 lemons
- 200g ricotta
- Grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative) and extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta for 10-12 minutes until al dente (firm to the bite).
- Meanwhile heat a glug of oil in a large frying pan. Add the fennel and season with salt and pepper. Fry over a high heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly, until wilted and softened with a bit of colour.
- Add the chilli and garlic to the fennel for a few minutes, then turn off the heat. Add lemon zest and juice to taste.
- Once the pasta is cooked remove a cupful of the cooking water and reserve, then drain the pasta in a colander. Stir the pasta into the fennel mix, adding the ricotta, 200ml reserved cooking water and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss together so the ricotta and water emulsify into a sauce, then serve with parmesan and a drizzle of oil, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dinner ideas for two
Linguine with saffron, roasted garlic, herb butter and hazelnuts
Fresh linguine coated in garlic and herb butter and topped...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter