The ultimate bacon and egg sandwich
- February 2013
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
A bacon and egg sandwich with a twist. Made with sourdough, mustard, cheddar, streaky bacon and a fried egg, it’s the ultimate bacon sarnie.
Perfect another brunch classic with our ultimate club sandwich recipe.
- 41.5g (18.8g saturated)
- 20g (1.2g sugars)
- 8 British dry-cure streaky bacon rashers
- 1 tbsp lard or vegetable oil
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 4 thick sourdough slices, toasted
- Butter to spread
- Grainy mustard to spread
- 8 thin slices of good cheddar
- Heat the grill to medium-high, then cook the bacon for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat the lard or oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Crack in the eggs, then reduce the heat and cook for 2-3 minutes until the white is set.
- Spread each slice of sourdough toast with a lick of butter and the mustard. Top with 2 cheddar slices, 2 grilled bacon rashers and a fried egg. Season, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...