Roast meatballs with tomatoes
- September 2011
- Serves 2
- Ready in 25 minutes
A hearty meatball and tomato recipe for a speedy midweek supper.
- 250g pork mince
- 1 ciabatta roll, 30g made into breadcrumbs, the rest torn into pieces
- 2 heaped tbsp Marks & Spencer Aromatic Spiced or Hot and Fiery Burger Starter paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 200g pack Marks & Spencer Vine Ripened Piccolini Cherry Tomatoes, or similar
- 1 tbsp Marks & Spencer Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, or similar Small handful of fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put the mince in a bowl, add 30g breadcrumbs and the burger starter paste, then mix well with your hands. Shape into 12 walnut-size meatballs, then chill, covered, for 5 minutes. Drizzle a shallow roasting tray with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the meatballs, garlic and onion wedges, shake to coat in the oil, then bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tin and give it a shake. Add the tomatoes, together with the torn ciabatta and some seasoning. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp oil and the balsamic vinegar. Return to the oven to cook for 15 minutes more or until the meatballs are cooked through and the tomatoes have softened. Scatter with the basil and serve.
Rate & review