Warm wintry salad
- February 2009
- For 2 people
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 20 minutes to cook
Indulge in a satisfying and warming winter salad. Make this veggie by using griddled haloumi cheese instead of chicken and bacon.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 200g free-range chicken mini fillets
- 3 tbsp live oil
- 70g bacon lardons
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 8 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 8 cherry Peppadew peppers
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped roasted hazelnuts
- A glug of your favourite honey and mustard dressing
- 100g (about 8) dough balls
- 2 chicory
- Preheat a griddle pan. Toss the chicken in 2 tbsp olive oil, season and griddle for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon lardons until crispy. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the red onion and fry for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the cherry tomatoes and peppers and cook until the tomatoes have wilted. Add the hazelnuts and honey and mustard dressing to the pan. Heat to warm through.
- Meanwhile, cook the dough balls in the oven according to pack instructions.
- To assemble: break the chicory into petals and toss with the bacon, chicken, warm dressing and dough balls to serve.
Make this veggie by using griddled haloumi cheese instead of chicken and bacon.
Rate & review