White bean gnocchi with lamb ragù
- December 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, simmering time 20-30 min
Everyone will enjoy this gluten-free gnocchi recipe, made with cannellini beans, and served with a hearty lamb ragu.
We’ve got lots more recipes like this, take a look at all our gnocchi recipes.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 28.5 (9.6g saturated)
- 53.3g (5g sugars)
- 2 x 400g tins white cannellini beans
- 150g potato flour
- 1 large free-range egg
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 500g British lamb mince
- 2 fresh oregano sprigs, plus extra
- 200g tinned chopped tomatoes
- Grated pecorino (optional)
- Drain the beans, then pulse in a food processor with the flour, egg, 1 tbsp of the oil and 1 tsp salt to combine. Wrap in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan on a medium heat (see tip). Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and tomato purée and cook for 1 minute. Turn the hob to medium-high, add the mince and brown for 5 minutes. Chop the oregano, then add with the tomatoes and 375ml water. Season and simmer for 20-30 minutes until thick.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Roll the chilled dough into 2 thin logs and cut into 3cm lengths. Boil, in batches, for 5 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and toss with the ragù.
- Serve with pecorino and oregano.
If your lamb has a good fat percentage you won’t need to use as much olive oil, so reduce it to 1 tbsp when cooking the onion.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
White bean, chorizo and herb salad
With generous chunks of chorizo, juicy tomatoes and filling white beans this salad recipe makes...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...