White bean gnocchi with lamb ragù
- December 2014
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min, simmering time 20-30 min
Everyone will enjoy this gluten-free gnocchi recipe, made with cannellini beans, and served with a hearty lamb ragu.
We’ve got lots more recipes like this, take a look at all our gnocchi recipes.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 28.5 (9.6g saturated)
- 53.3g (5g sugars)
- 2 x 400g tins white cannellini beans
- 150g potato flour
- 1 large free-range egg
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 500g British lamb mince
- 2 fresh oregano sprigs, plus extra
- 200g tinned chopped tomatoes
- Grated pecorino (optional)
- Drain the beans, then pulse in a food processor with the flour, egg, 1 tbsp of the oil and 1 tsp salt to combine. Wrap in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan on a medium heat (see tip). Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and tomato purée and cook for 1 minute. Turn the hob to medium-high, add the mince and brown for 5 minutes. Chop the oregano, then add with the tomatoes and 375ml water. Season and simmer for 20-30 minutes until thick.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Roll the chilled dough into 2 thin logs and cut into 3cm lengths. Boil, in batches, for 5 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and toss with the ragù.
- Serve with pecorino and oregano.
If your lamb has a good fat percentage you won’t need to use as much olive oil, so reduce it to 1 tbsp when cooking the onion.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
White bean, chorizo and herb salad
With generous chunks of chorizo, juicy tomatoes and filling white beans this salad recipe makes...