White bean, chorizo and herb salad
- August 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
With generous chunks of chorizo, juicy tomatoes and filling white beans this salad recipe makes a quick yet substantial lunch or dinner.
- 17.9g (5g saturated)
- 19.1g (3.9g sugars)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp rapeseed or extra-virgin olive oil
- 150g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 2 x 400g tins white beans, such as cannellini or haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 large handfuls of herb salad or baby herbs such as chervil, parsley or rocket
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar with the crushed garlic clove and mustard, then season with a pinch of sugar and some salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil until you have a smooth dressing. Set aside.
- Put a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo until cooked through and releasing its oil. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Add the beans to the pan with the dressing, warm through, then put in a bowl.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and herb salad to the bowl with the warm beans, then toss lightly. Serve with the chorizo scattered over the top.
Next time, why not try crisply fried smoked bacon and roasted peppers for a tasty alternative to the chorizo and cherry tomatoes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter