White wine and herb roast chicken
- September 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 30 minutes to cook
A simple and easy chicken recipe that’s full of flavour and perfect for a satisfying family meal.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 7.8g (1.4g saturated)
- 17g (2.1g sugars)
- 400g baby new potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A handful of fresh flatleaf parsley
- A good few sprigs of fresh thyme
- The separated cloves of 1 whole garlic bulb
- 4 chicken breasts
- A sliced lemon
- A little more olive oil
- 100ml white wine
- 100ml chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Halve the baby new potatoes and place in a roasting tin. Toss in the olive oil and season well.
- Finely chop the flatleaf parsley and toss with the potatoes along with the leaves from the thyme and the garlic cloves.
- Season the chicken breasts and place on top of the potatoes along with the lemon slices. Drizzle over a little more olive oil, the white wine and chicken stock, then roast for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with a green salad.
Rate & review