White wine and herb roast chicken
- September 2010
- 400g baby new potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A handful of fresh flatleaf parsley
- A good few sprigs of fresh thyme
- The separated cloves of 1 whole garlic bulb
- 4 chicken breasts
- A sliced lemon
- A little more olive oil
- 100ml white wine
- 100ml chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Halve the baby new potatoes and place in a roasting tin. Toss in the olive oil and season well.
- Finely chop the flatleaf parsley and toss with the potatoes along with the leaves from the thyme and the garlic cloves.
- Season the chicken breasts and place on top of the potatoes along with the lemon slices. Drizzle over a little more olive oil, the white wine and chicken stock, then roast for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with a green salad.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter