Witches’ fingers with blood sauce
- November 2008
- Makes 16
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 10-12 minutes to cook
Chicken strips coated in crisps then baked makes a spooktacular Halloween recipe especially when dipped in the tomato ketchup blood sauce.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Oil, for greasing
- 3 free-range chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup, plus extra for dipping
- 3 packets Salt ‘n’ Shake Crisps or low-salt crisps
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Rub a little oil over a baking tray.
- Put the chicken onto a chopping board and use a small sharp knife to cut into thin strips (you may need an adult to help you with this).
- Put 3 tbsp tomato ketchup into a bowl, then add the chicken and mix to coat well.
- Crush the crisps inside the bags until they are broken into tiny pieces. Tip the crushed crisps into a big bowl – make sure you take the small blue bags of salt out of the bowl!
- Dip the chicken strips 1 at a time into the crisps to coat them, then put onto the baking tray. Wash your hands after handling raw chicken — this is very important.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the crispy coating is golden. Serve the chicken fingers with tomato ketchup for dipping.
Rate & review