Witches’ fingers with blood sauce
- November 2008
- Makes 16
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 10-12 minutes to cook
Chicken strips coated in crisps then baked makes a spooktacular Halloween recipe especially when dipped in the tomato ketchup blood sauce.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Oil, for greasing
- 3 free-range chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup, plus extra for dipping
- 3 packets Salt ‘n’ Shake Crisps or low-salt crisps
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Rub a little oil over a baking tray.
- Put the chicken onto a chopping board and use a small sharp knife to cut into thin strips (you may need an adult to help you with this).
- Put 3 tbsp tomato ketchup into a bowl, then add the chicken and mix to coat well.
- Crush the crisps inside the bags until they are broken into tiny pieces. Tip the crushed crisps into a big bowl – make sure you take the small blue bags of salt out of the bowl!
- Dip the chicken strips 1 at a time into the crisps to coat them, then put onto the baking tray. Wash your hands after handling raw chicken — this is very important.
- Roast for 10-12 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the crispy coating is golden. Serve the chicken fingers with tomato ketchup for dipping.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Boozy bakes and adult puds
Orange cheesecake with oreo crust and Aperol spritz
This cheesecake recipe is made with an Oreo biscuit base, mascarpone filling and topped with...