World-beating hot chocolate
- April 2016
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 5 mins
If you want to make the best hot chocolate, you’re in the right place – and we’ve included different flavour combinations in the tips. This recipe uses creamy Jersey milk, high quality chocolate and a dash of single cream to make this even more of a treat.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 22.7g (14.1g saturated)
- 28.2g (28g sugars)
- 300ml Jersey, Guernsey or full-cream milk
- 150g finely chopped 70 per cent cocoa solids chocolate
- 65g finely chopped milk chocolate
- 600ml more milk
- 150ml single cream
- a pinch of salt
- Warm the Jersey milk in a pan over a medium heat, then stir in the 70 per cent chocolate and milk chocolate until melted.
- Stir in the extra milk, single cream and salt then continue to heat until nearly boiling. For a frothy mixture, whisk well just before pouring into warmed mugs or glasses.
Get creative with the flavours:
Mexican – Whisk in a scant ½ tsp ground cinnamon
Mayan – Use orange flavoured chocolate
Malted – Whisk in 2 tbsp Horlicks powder
Vanilla – Add 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Hot chocolate with churros
Churros are sweet doughy snacks that originate from Spain. These treats are fried then dipped...