Zesty lime and anchovy lamb steaks
- June 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
We’ve used anchovies and lime zest to really amp up the flavour in this easy lamb steak one-pot with new potatoes.
Give our crispy potato, lamb and rosemary hash a go too for another quick and easy one-pot recipe.
- 19.8g (6.4g saturated)
- 30.5g (3.6g sugars)
- 750g baby new potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 lamb leg steaks, rubbed with oil and salt
- 250g mixed green vegetables (we used a pack of asparagus, fine beans and tenderstem broccoli)
- 4-8 anchovies, roughly chopped, to taste
- Pared zest and juice 2 large limes
- Put the potatoes in a pan of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Loosely cover with the lid and boil for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Heat the oil in a wide frying pan or shallow casserole over a high heat. Fry the lamb steaks for 2 minutes on each side or until nicely browned. Reduce the heat slightly and cook for 1 minute more on each side for pink, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium, add the green vegetables and cook for 1 minute, then add the anchovies and most of the lime juice, 1 tbsp water and a good pinch of coarsely ground black pepper. Mix well, scraping the bottom of the pan to catch any browned bits left by the lamb, and fry for 1 minute more.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with the vegetables along with the rest of the lime zest and juice. Set the lamb on top to serve.
Serve some crème fraîche or greek yogurt on the side, or toss a few chopped soft herbs into the pan, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chermoula lamb leg steaks with minted cucumber yogurt
Homemade chermoula, made with saffron, lemon, coriander and garlic, is...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter