Coconut pork curry with crispy lime crumbs
- February 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 30 min
This quick pork curry recipe uses lime juice, coconut milk, soy sauce and sesame oil to bring south-east Asian flavours to the fore.
Or, for another quick and easy midweek meal, try this Cajun-style pork with coconut rice and beans.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 27.3g (9.7g saturated)
- 41.9g (10.1g sugars)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 400ml tin light coconut milk
- 350ml chicken stock
- 2 slices sourdough bread, whizzed to rough crumbs
- Finely grated zest and juice 2 limes
- 4 outdoor-reared pork loin steaks
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 pak choi, quartered
- Steamed rice to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a medium pan and fry the onions until softening (about 6-8 minutes). Add the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the coconut milk and stock. Leave on a low heat to simmer while you make the crispy lime crumbs and brown the pork.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, then add the breadcrumbs and lime zest and fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, fry the pork for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the pan, cover and keep warm.
- Stir the soy sauce, sesame oil and lime juice into the coconut curry sauce mixture. Add the pak choi, then simmer for 5 minutes more until tender.
- Slice the pork steaks thickly. Spoon steamed rice into 4 bowls and top with the curry sauce, pak choi and sliced pork. Scatter with a few crispy lime crumbs and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick and easy pork recipes
Quick and easy Cajun-style pork with coconut rice and beans
A fast, simple cajun pork recipe, served with coconut rice and beans – it’s sure...