What to do with leftover jalapeño chillies
Discover our leftover jalapeño recipes which are sure to pack-a-punch in your food by adding a sweet and slightly smokey heat to your dishes.
Recipes using jalapeño chillies
- Cheddar, jalapeño, chilli and sweetcorn muffins
- Spiced courgette fritters with mint and jalapeño dip
- Southern sweet potato and jalapeño biscuits with earl grey gravy and maple grilled mushrooms
- Jalapeño, coriander and lime salt crusted ham with mango salsa
- Jalapeño cornbread with charred spring onion soured cream
How to use up leftover jalapeño chillies
- Jalapeño macaroni. Stir 2-3 tbsp chopped jalapeños through unbaked macaroni cheese, top with extra cheese and a few jalapeños for colour, then bake as normal.
- Spicy pizzas. Top a pizza base with a little tomato passata, mozzarella, finely sliced fennel and salami, roughly chopped semi-dried tomatoes and sliced jalapeño chillies. Bake in a hot oven until the cheese has melted and the base is crisp and golden, then top with rocket to serve.
- Fiery salsa verde. Mix 1-2 finely chopped and deseeded jalapeño chillies with a bunch each of finely chopped parsley and basil, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and 1 small crushed garlic clove, then dollop over steak.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...