What to do with leftover jalapeño chillies
Discover our leftover jalapeño recipes which are sure to pack-a-punch in your food by adding a sweet and slightly smokey heat to your dishes.
Recipes using jalapeño chillies
- Cheddar, jalapeño, chilli and sweetcorn muffins
- Spiced courgette fritters with mint and jalapeño dip
- Southern sweet potato and jalapeño biscuits with earl grey gravy and maple grilled mushrooms
- Jalapeño, coriander and lime salt crusted ham with mango salsa
- Jalapeño cornbread with charred spring onion soured cream
How to use up leftover jalapeño chillies
- Jalapeño macaroni. Stir 2-3 tbsp chopped jalapeños through unbaked macaroni cheese, top with extra cheese and a few jalapeños for colour, then bake as normal.
- Spicy pizzas. Top a pizza base with a little tomato passata, mozzarella, finely sliced fennel and salami, roughly chopped semi-dried tomatoes and sliced jalapeño chillies. Bake in a hot oven until the cheese has melted and the base is crisp and golden, then top with rocket to serve.
- Fiery salsa verde. Mix 1-2 finely chopped and deseeded jalapeño chillies with a bunch each of finely chopped parsley and basil, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and 1 small crushed garlic clove, then dollop over steak.