What to do with leftover lemongrass
Lemongrass adds a fragrant flavour and is commonly used in Asian cuisine. Find out how you can use leftover lemongrass in your cooking.
Recipes with lemongrass
- Lemongrass and coconut chicken stir-fry
- Lemongrass chicken skewers with lime leaf rice
- Ginger and lemongrass marinated beans with crab and sticky rice
- Lime and lemongrass rum punch
How to use up leftover lemongrass
- Lemongrass lemon curd
When making lemon curd, infuse a small, bruised stick of lemongrass into the lemon juice when warming it, for a subtly different citrus flavour.
- Lemongrass and ginger prawns
Finely chop 1 small lemongrass stick, a thumb-size piece of ginger and 2 garlic cloves. Mix together with 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp vegetable oil and 1 very finely chopped shallot. Add a large handful of sustainable, shell-on prawns and turn to coat in the marinade. Marinate, covered, in the fridge, for 30 minutes. Heat a grill pan until smoking, then cook until pink and completely cooked through.