Lime and lemongrass rum punch
- June 2007
- Serves 6
- Ready in 10 min, plus cooling and chilling
A taste of the Caribbean with a difference in this lime and lemongrass rum punch recipe – simple to make, perfect for lazy summer afternoons.
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 2 lemongrass stalks, roughly chopped, plus extra stalks to decorate
- Juice of 3 limes, plus 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 150ml golden rum
- Soda water, to serve
- Put the sugar, lemongrass and 200ml cold water in a small pan and heat gently, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Cool then strain into a large jug. Stir in the lime juice and rum, and top up with soda. Chill until ready to serve.
- Decorate with extra lemongrass stalks. Fill 6 glasses with ice and slices of lime. Pour over the rum punch and enjoy.
Once made, the lemongrass and rum base will keep chilled in sealable bottles for up to 2 days. Shake before drinking.
Rate & review