Lime and lemongrass rum punch
- June 2007
- Serves 6
- Ready in 10 min, plus cooling and chilling
A taste of the Caribbean with a difference in this lime and lemongrass rum punch recipe – simple to make, perfect for lazy summer afternoons.
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 2 lemongrass stalks, roughly chopped, plus extra stalks to decorate
- Juice of 3 limes, plus 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 150ml golden rum
- Soda water, to serve
- Put the sugar, lemongrass and 200ml cold water in a small pan and heat gently, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Cool then strain into a large jug. Stir in the lime juice and rum, and top up with soda. Chill until ready to serve.
- Decorate with extra lemongrass stalks. Fill 6 glasses with ice and slices of lime. Pour over the rum punch and enjoy.
Once made, the lemongrass and rum base will keep chilled in sealable bottles for up to 2 days. Shake before drinking.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...