4 pork chops
1½ tbsp olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
100g finely grated Parmesan
200g quick-cook polenta
Large knob of butter
(sh) For the gremolata
Grated zest of 2 lemons
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
Large bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1. Make the gremolata by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl. Season, brush half over the pork chops and reserve the rest.
2. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the chops for 4-5 minutes each side until just cooked through. Remove and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
3. Place the ricotta in a bowl and stir in the lemon juice, 20g of the Parmesan and season with salt and ground black pepper. Set aside.
4. Bring 800ml water to the boil in a medium saucepan. Slowly pour in the polenta and stir quickly. Bubble the polenta for a few minutes, stirring, until thickened. Remove the saucepan from the heat, fold in the butter and remaining Parmesan, then season well.
5. Spoon the polenta among plates, then top with the pork chops and some of the remaining gremolata. Stir the rest of the gremolata into the lemon ricotta sauce, and serve on the side.