- 8-12 (about 600g) lamb cutlets
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 6 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 160g bulgur wheat
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 50g toasted flaked almonds
- Large bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Large bunch of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Place the lamb cutlets in a large dish with the garlic, anchovies and half the lemon zest and juice. Season well and set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, put the bulgur wheat in a bowl and cover with 600ml boiling water. Cover with cling film and set aside for 20 minutes. Put the red onion in a separate small bowl, cover with hot water and leave to soak for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water, then set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the lamb and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, then remove and set aside on a warm plate to rest.
- Once the bulgur wheat is tender, drain off any excess liquid and fork through the flaked almonds, herbs and softened onion. Stir in the remaining olive oil, lemon zest and juice. Season well and serve immediately with the lamb cutlets.