Find out about our QR codes
We’re delighted to try something new in the November issue of delicious.
Powered by our friends at Whisk, we’ve added QR codes to selected recipes in the issue, so you can create shopping lists and shop straight from the page using the camera on your phone.
Still got questions? Then take a scroll…
What is a QR code?
A QR (or Quick Response) code, is an image containing information that can be read by a camera. They’ve been in use since around 1994.
Find out more about them on wikipedia.
Do I need to download a special app to use the QR codes in delicious magazine?
No. You just need a phone or tablet that has a camera.
Why should I try it?
If you’ve ever found yourself scribbling down ingredients or taking photos of recipes to carry with you to the supermarket – this cuts that out!
Tell me what to do…
- Open the camera on your device
- Point it at the QR code, and position it until it’s in the square you’ll see appear on screen
- Tap the ‘Open link’ message that appears
- View the full list of ingredients for that recipe in a shopping list
- Select a method for taking the list in-store, or, for online shopping choose your preferred supermarket then simply tap ‘Add to basket’
- You can change the supermarket by tapping ‘Change’ in the top right hand corner
You can also see the full recipe online, too, if you need a reminder.
Can I delete or change ingredients from the shopping list?
Yes. You can delete ingredients if you already have them, or swap them if you prefer something else. You can also increase or decrease the amount, just as if you were doing your usual online shop.
Who are Whisk?
We’ve worked with Whisk for many years. Whisk’s AI food technology automatically makes recipes shoppable. Use their list for in-store or online grocery shopping at your favourite supermarkets, including Ocado, AmazonFresh, and Tesco.
Find out more about Whisk.
What do you think?