Produce Awards 2018: Northern Ireland regional judging
The expert team of judges taste-tested their way through all the fabulous shortlisted products (see bottom of page), from the region, in this year’s Produce Awards.
A huge thank you to ALL the producers who entered and made it as far as the shortlist.
Which products are going through to the national final?
Nine products were selected by the judges to go forward to the national final in October, to be held at London’s Borough Market, and these are:
- Abernethy Butter Abernethy Black Garlic Butter
- Broughgammon Goat Bacon
- Cavanagh Free Range Eggs Ltd Free range eggs
- Clandeboye Estate Yogurt Co Clandeboye Estate Greek Style Yoghurt
- Lough Neagh Fisherman’s Co-operative Society Lough Neagh Pollan
- Lough Neagh Fisherman’s Co-operative Society Smoked Lough Neagh Eel
- Mash Direct Ltd Beer Battered Chips
- Rooney Fish Pacific Oysters
- Dart Mountain Cheese Sperrin Blue Cheese
Congratulations, and good luck for October!
Peter Gott – Wild Boar and rare pig farmer, Founding Trader of Borough Market 1998, and a judge on BBC Food & Farming Awards, and Countryside Alliance.
Jenny Bristow – Ireland’s Good Food ambassador and cookery school owner
Una McMahon-Beattie – Head of the Department of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Ulster University
The shortlist of produce for the Northern Ireland region:
- Abernethy Black Garlic Butter
- Goat Bacon
- Botanic Sauce
- Bonfire Chipotle
- Hot House Sauce
- Redhead Sauce
- Samson Sauce
- Free Range Eggs
- Clandeboye Estate Greek Style Yoghurt
- Rhuberry Gin
- Sperrin Blue Cheese
- Potato Apple
- Potato with Dexter Mince, Carrot and Onion
- Lough Neagh Pollan
- Smoked Lough Neagh Eel
- Beer Battered Chips
- Red Cabbage & Beetroot
- 72% Dominican Republic Chocolate Bar
- Pacific Oysters
- Irish Black Butter
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...