Achari theenga, pickled spiced prawns
- November 2005
- 20 fresh tiger or large prawns, peeled with tail shells on and deveined
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 200g plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp Patak’s Medium-Hot Lime Pickle, puréed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp crushed cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Put the prawns into a large mixing bowl with the squeeze of lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Pour over the prawns and stir well. Leave in the fridge to marinate for a couple of hours. Meanwhile, soak the skewered in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Thread 5 prawns onto each skewer and grill under a medium heat for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until cooked.
- Serve with salad leaves, wedges of lime and raita for dipping.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter