Griddled king prawns with warm salad
- May 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make, 10-15 min to cook, plus marinating
Prawns are so adaptable – here raw king prawns are transformed with the help of a griddle into a tasty salad of courgettes, peas and asparagus.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 10.1g (1.6g saturated)
- 31.7g (3.8g sugar)
- 24 (about 250g) raw peeled king prawns, defrosted
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp sea salt mixed with 1 tsp herbes de Provence
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for dressing
- 3 large courgettes, sliced into ribbons on a mandoline or with a peeler
- Large bunch of asparagus spears
- 100g fresh or frozen peas
- Small bunch of oregano, leaves picked
- Mix the king prawns, garlic, lemon zest, herbed salt and olive oil together in a bowl. Cover and chill.
- Preheat a griddle until hot. Brush the courgette ribbons with olive oil, then cook on the griddle, in batches, until lightly charred on both sides.
- Blanch the asparagus and peas in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain, then place in a salad bowl with the oregano and griddled courgettes. Dress with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Take 8 wooden skewers and thread 3 marinated prawns onto each. Cook on the griddle for 1-2 minutes on each side until cooked through. Serve with the salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Griddled prawns with garlic butter and salsa
This griddled prawns recipe can be made on the barbecue or in a griddle pan....