Baked spinach eggs
- August 2008
- Serves 2
- 10 min hands-on time, 15 min cook time
We’ve made the nutritious and popular dish – eggs Florentine – even easier with our cheat’s version. Enjoy this recipe for two as a quick and easy brunch or dinner.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 4 tbsp tomato and chilli pasta sauce
- 500g bag baby spinach
- A knob of butter, salt
- Nutmeg, for grating
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp double cream
- Bread, to serve
- Spread the pasta sauce on the base of a baking dish.
- Wilt the spinach in the microwave. Mix with a knob of butter, salt, pepper and a grating of nutmeg. Spread over the sauce and make 4 ‘nests’ in the spinach.
- Crack in the eggs. Top each with double cream and a grating of nutmeg. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4 for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...