Banana, raisin and honey muffins
- February 2017
- Makes 12
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 25-30 min
Chetna Makan’s muffins are made with wholemeal flour and without refined sugar – the sweetness comes from banana and a touch of honey. They’re great for brunch and will keep for a few days, so they’ll give you something wholesome to snack on in the week.
- 8.1g (1g saturated)
- 22.7g (8.6g sugars)
- 200g wholemeal flour
- 50g porridge oats, plus a handful for sprinkling
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 70g raisins, roughly chopped
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 100g natural yogurt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 tsp clear honey
You’ll also need…
- 12-hole muffin tin lined with paper muffin cases
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour with the oats, baking powder, bicarb and raisins.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, oil, yogurt, mashed bananas and honey. Pour this into the flour mixture, then fold together using a wooden spoon. Don’t overmix or the muffins will become dense when baked.
- Divide the mixture equally among the muffin cases in the tray, then sprinkle the extra oats over the tops. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the muffins are golden and feel springy to touch, and a skewer pushed inside comes out clean.
The muffins will keep in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 1 month, each wrapped in cling film.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...