Bloody Mary burgers
- June 2011
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 minutes
This burger recipe is inspired by the classic Bloody Mary cocktail with ingredients including horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper.
- 36.4g (11.3g saturated)
- 38.8g (4.8g sugar)
- 500g beef mince (not too lean)
- 1 very finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 25g natural dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
- Burger buns, watercress, sliced tomatoes,mayonnaise and Tabasco sauce to serve
- In a large bowl, mix together all the burger ingredients, then season. With damp hands, shape the mix into 4 evenly sized burgers.
- Cook the burgers on a preheated griddle, on the barbecue or in a large non-stick frying pan for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through and nicely browned.
- Serve in burger buns with the salad, mayonnaise and Tabasco.
Freeze the uncooked burgers at the end of step 1. Defrost completely in the fridge before cooking.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Halloumi and sweet potato burgers with chilli, mint and mashed avocado
Slices of halloumi and sweet potato are marinated, grilled and placed in burger buns spread...