- February 2013
- 200ml vodka
- 50ml fino sherry (such as Tio Pepe)
- 1 litre tomato juice
- ½-1 tbsp finely grated fresh horseradish (or English Provender Company Hot Horseradish)
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tsp Tabasco
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon, other ½ sliced
- 6 celery sticks
- In a large jug, whisk all the ingredients apart from the lemon slices and celery sticks, then add the lemon slices and plenty of ice.
- To serve, pour into glasses and add a celery stick to each one.
You can add the horseradish, Tabasco and celery salt according to your taste.
If you’re not quite ready for alcohol, just omit the vodka and sherry and make a Virgin Mary.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Canapés and cocktails
Gochujang bloody mary with a soy-pickled quail egg
This fun twist on the iconic hangover cure swaps Bloody...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter