- February 2013
- Serves 6
- Ready in 10 minutes
Our definitive version of the famous hair-of-the-dog cocktail – this Bloody Mary is simply unbeatable!
- 0.1g (no saturated)
- 16.8g (6.9g sugars)
- 200ml vodka
- 50ml fino sherry (such as Tio Pepe)
- 1 litre tomato juice
- ½-1 tbsp finely grated fresh horseradish (or English Provender Company Hot Horseradish)
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tsp Tabasco
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon, other ½ sliced
- 6 celery sticks
- In a large jug, whisk all the ingredients apart from the lemon slices and celery sticks, then add the lemon slices and plenty of ice.
- To serve, pour into glasses and add a celery stick to each one.
You can add the horseradish, Tabasco and celery salt according to your taste.
If you’re not quite ready for alcohol, just omit the vodka and sherry and make a Virgin Mary.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Bloody Mary gazpacho with fresh oysters
If you like the spicy, tangy flavours of a Bloody Mary cocktail, you’re going to...