Blue cheese biscuits with poppy seeds
- December 2004
- Makes 30 biscuits
- Takes 40 minutes to make, plus chilling
This blue cheese biscuit recipe is so moreish they’ll have you coming back again and again to make more and more.
- 4.6g (2.7g saturated)
- 4.7g (0.1g sugar)
- 150g Danish blue cheese, roughly chopped
- 100g softened unsalted butter, roughly chopped
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 100g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 75g quick-cook polenta
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper. In a bowl, mash the cheese with a fork. Add the butter and egg yolk and mix together. Sift over the flour, add the polenta and mix into a stiff dough. Shape into a ball, flatten slightly, wrap in cling film and pop into the freezer for 15 minutes to chill.
- Dust a work surface with a little flour. Roll out the cheese dough to a 5mm thickness. Using a 5cm star-shaped cutter, cut out biscuits and put onto the baking sheets. Re-roll the trimmings to cut out more biscuits, making 30 in total. Sprinkle the biscuits with poppy seeds, pressing them in lightly so they stick. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Gift-wrap with a card or label explaining to store in an airtight box and eat within a week.
Give these moreish biscuits to a friend with a bottle of red wine.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sage and blue cheese shortbreads
Impress your guests with homemade shortbreads, a great accompaniment to...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter