Stilton and sesame biscuits
- January 2007
- Makes 20
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 10 minutes to bake, plus chilling and cooling
Serve these easy Stilton and sesame biscuits at a dinner or drinks party. They’re even better when served with Prosecco Royale cocktails.
- 7.4g (4.1g saturated)
- 3.8g (0.1g sugars)
- 100g unsalted butter, cubed
- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g Stilton (or another blue cheese such as Roquefort), crumbled
- 50g sesame seeds
- Using a food processor, whizz the butter and flour together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the Stilton and process for a few more seconds. (Or, rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs, then add the Stilton and gently stir to mix.) Knead the mixture once or twice to evenly distribute the ingredients, then wrap in cling film and chill for about 20 minutes or until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Pinch out small pieces of the dough and roll into small balls about 2.5cm in diameter. Spread the sesame seeds on a plate and roll the balls in them to coat well. Place on 2 baking trays, spaced well apart as they will flatten in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until firm. Remove and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Rate & review