Broad bean frittata with bacon and guacamole
- August 2007
- 200g baby new potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150g podded fresh or frozen and thawed broad beans
- 4 large eggs
- A good handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- Ready-made fresh guacamole
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of simmering water for 10 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a 20cm non-stick, ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add the potatoes, cook for 2 minutes, then add the broad beans (slip from their skins if you have time) and cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a good handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley and seasoning. Pour into the pan, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, until the egg is nearly set all over.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Put the bacon on a foil-lined grill rack and pop under the grill for 5 minutes, until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- To finish the frittata, pop the pan under the grill for 2-3 minutes. Cut into quarters and serve 2 each, topped with crispy bacon and spoonfuls of ready-made fresh guacamole. Serve with mixed salad leaves, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sweet potato recipes
Quick spring green, sweet potato and chilli frittata
Frittata, made with spring greens, creamy goat’s cheese, sweet potato and a kick of chilli...