Broad bean frittata with bacon and guacamole
- August 2007
- 200g baby new potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 150g podded fresh or frozen and thawed broad beans
- 4 large eggs
- A good handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- Ready-made fresh guacamole
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of simmering water for 10 minutes, until tender. Drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a 20cm non-stick, ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add the potatoes, cook for 2 minutes, then add the broad beans (slip from their skins if you have time) and cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a good handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley and seasoning. Pour into the pan, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, until the egg is nearly set all over.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Put the bacon on a foil-lined grill rack and pop under the grill for 5 minutes, until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- To finish the frittata, pop the pan under the grill for 2-3 minutes. Cut into quarters and serve 2 each, topped with crispy bacon and spoonfuls of ready-made fresh guacamole. Serve with mixed salad leaves, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sweet potato recipes
Quick spring green, sweet potato and chilli frittata
Frittata, made with spring greens, creamy goat’s cheese, sweet potato...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter