- July 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, simmering and oven time 28-38 min
This what’s-in-the-fridge style green frittata feeds a family of four for only £5. Its filled with new potatoes, tenderstem broccoli and goat’s cheese.
See our individual frittata muffins too for a handy take-to-work lunch.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 21.2g (7.7g saturated)
- 15.6g (2.2g sugars)
- 300g new potatoes
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 100g frozen peas
- 8 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped fresh mint, coriander and basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 80g goat’s cheese
- Crisp green salad and lemon wedges (optional)
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then cook the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender, adding the broccoli and peas to the pan for the last 5 minutes. Drain all the vegetables, then refresh under cold water. Cut the potatoes into quarters.
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Put the eggs in a large mixing bowl and season well with salt and pepper, then add the potatoes, peas and herbs (set the broccoli aside).
- Heat the olive oil in a deep ovenproof frying pan (about 24cm diameter), then pour in the egg mixture and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until the eggs have set underneath. Lay the broccoli on top, then carefully transfer the frittata in its pan to the oven and cook for 13-15 minutes (15-18 minutes if you prefer your frittata to have a firmer set).
- Crumble the goat’s cheese over the top of the frittata, then serve with a green salad and lemon wedges to squeeze over if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...