- July 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, simmering and oven time 28-38 min
This what’s-in-the-fridge style green frittata feeds a family of four for only £5. Its filled with new potatoes, tenderstem broccoli and goat’s cheese.
See our individual frittata muffins too for a handy take-to-work lunch.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 21.2g (7.7g saturated)
- 15.6g (2.2g sugars)
- 300g new potatoes
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 100g frozen peas
- 8 large free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped fresh mint, coriander and basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 80g goat’s cheese
- Crisp green salad and lemon wedges (optional)
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, then cook the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender, adding the broccoli and peas to the pan for the last 5 minutes. Drain all the vegetables, then refresh under cold water. Cut the potatoes into quarters.
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Put the eggs in a large mixing bowl and season well with salt and pepper, then add the potatoes, peas and herbs (set the broccoli aside).
- Heat the olive oil in a deep ovenproof frying pan (about 24cm diameter), then pour in the egg mixture and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until the eggs have set underneath. Lay the broccoli on top, then carefully transfer the frittata in its pan to the oven and cook for 13-15 minutes (15-18 minutes if you prefer your frittata to have a firmer set).
- Crumble the goat’s cheese over the top of the frittata, then serve with a green salad and lemon wedges to squeeze over if you like.
Rate & review