Brussels sprouts with black pudding and chestnuts
- December 2013
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make, 20 min to cook
This brussels sprout recipe, with black pudding and chestnuts, makes a wonderful seasonal dish.
Start planning for Dec 25th with our Christmas trimmings, side dishes and sauces recipes.
- 6.7g (1.6g saturated)
- 11.9g (6.2g sugars)
- 300g brussels sprouts
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 50g black pudding (or chorizo, see tip), quartered and sliced
- 50g cooked chestnuts (see tip)
- Good drizzle of clear honey
- Splash of madeira
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Leaves from 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the whole sprouts. Simmer for 5-6 minutes until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water, then leave to drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add the black pudding and fry for 5 minutes until crisp. Loosely crumble in the chestnuts, add the sprouts and honey, then fry with the black pudding for 5 minutes more.
- Pour over a good splash of madeira and cook for a further 3 minutes. Sprinkle over the zest and thyme, season well and serve.
Ready-cooked vacuum-sealed chestnuts from a tin or pack work well for this recipe.
Next time, use sliced chorizo instead of black pudding.
See how to cook sprouts here:
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Brussels sprouts recipes
Easy baked fish and chips with fried brussels sprouts
A great variation to fish and chips, this baked fish recipe makes the most of...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...